Every day, there are billions of people watching videos across every major social media platform. As a business, video represents a key way to connect with customers. If you have not added video marketing into your content mix, you need to. By next year, video traffic will represent up to 80% of internet traffic so now is the time to start working on gaining that competitive edge.
Below are 7 video marketing ideas to try today.
1. Product demonstration
Whether you are looking to sell new technology, a car or a new household gadget, doing a product demo video can do wonders for showcasing your product. You have the opportunity to give a first hand look as to why your product stands above the rest. Videos are great since they have such a wide reach and people love when they can see a product in action. Giving them this opportunity, helps foster trust in your brand and helps boost conversion rates.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making your video:
• Keep it simple and concise. Show what your product can do and how. The product should sell itself.
• Produce a before-and-after video. This will help reinforce the purpose of your product or service.
2. About us video
Just like your website has an “about us” page, you should also introduce your business in a video. A short clip about the story behind your business is a great way to foster a deeper connection with potential customers. You can embed the video on your website and also use it as part of your social media marketing strategy.
Here are some points to discuss in your video:
- Give an intro about your company
- Explain your mission
- Showcase products
- Feature top executives and employees
When people can associate a brand with names and faces, they are more likely to remember it.
3. Tutorial Videos
Customers are more likely to purchase a product or service if they have some help in learning how to use them. Shooting a step-by-step guide on how to get the most out of using your product or service will not only boost brand recognition but also sales. These types of videos will also help build up your credibility and showcase you as an expert in your niche. Customer service also benefits since these videos usually wind up answering frequent questions from customers.
Here are some tips:
• Show how to use your product in an interesting way.
• Provide tips that are relevant to your product or service.
4. Behind the scenes content
As a business, fostering connection and boosting engagement with your customers should be top of mind. Producing behind the scenes videos are a great way to achieve this. They give your customers a glimpse into who you are and what your brand is all about. Not to mention these types of videos garner more interaction across social media platforms.
Here are some video ideas to try out:
- Introduce employees
- Show any special events
- A glimpse into how some of your products are made
- A day in the life of your business
- An employees birthday celebration
- Team building activities
5. Customer testimonials
When it comes to testimonials, people trust those that are coming from actual people rather than the company itself. They are more convincing and are really one of the most valuable forms of marketing. Any positive reviews you have received are great to put into video format.
Here are some ways to share testimonials:
• Put together a series of quotes from your customers
• Gather screenshots of any reviews you have on Google, Yelp or any other business listing website.
6. Share announcements
As a business today, you need to be consistently active on social media. Sharing announcements in video format is a great way to help increase engagement via likes, comments and shares.
Here are some suggestions on what you can share:
- Any new products
- New features of existing products
- Upcoming special events
- Advertise special promotions
7. Question and answer videos
Videos are by far the preferred method of communication when it comes to how your business addresses customer questions on social media. You are able to communicate regularly with customers and it really positions your business as a leader in thoughtful customer service.
Here are some video ideas:
• Take your online reviews and create a video that addresses any concerns surrounding your product or service.
• Do a monthly roundup where you answer any questions your business receives.
All the major social platforms prioritize video, so it really is crucial to growing your business. The videos mentioned above will help boost brand recognition, improve customer service, and help build customer loyalty. In turn, these benefits present an affordable way for small businesses to experience increased growth and profit.