Live video is one of the most effective ways to boost exposure about your business and foster a deeper connection with your audience. Going live with video can seem intimidating but with the right strategies in place, you will experience higher engagement levels and extended reach. So let’s get started.
Here are seven key tips for going live.
1. Add value
Social media is first and foremost about providing value to your followers. Before you go live, sit down and come up with what you want to achieve with your videos. The content you plan on using during your live video needs to resonate with your brand.
Here are some things to keep in mind when trying to ensure your videos are imparting value:
- Understand what your audience wants: Take the time to get to know what makes your audience tick. Figure out what they want to know about your brand and what is being discussed surrounding your industry. Here are some ways to figure this out:
- Conversations, questions, and replies that are on social media.
- Responses to surveys sent to your users, subscribers or followers.
- Frequently asked questions from your customers.
- Do a search on Twitter for hashtags that resonate with your brand.
- Align with your brand goals: Give thought to your brand’s objectives along with what interests your audience. You then want to see how you can incorporate these two into a live video.
- Create interesting content: Want to create more shareable and interesting content? Focus on positive emotions. They are the ones most effective at driving social shares. Think happy, inspiration, exhilaration. Achieve adding these into your videos and they should be a success.
- Share and share some more: To get the most effective results, think about the long approach where you spread out the sharing of your videos over time.
- Measure and analyze your results:
- Audience: See what the number of views are from you target audience.
- Expression: See how much time your audience is spending watching your video as well as the number of subscribers you are gaining with it.
- Participation: Is your audience sharing your video? Take a look at the number of shares you are getting.
2. Have a plan in place
If going live on video makes you nervous, the best way to combat those nerves is to have a plan. Take the time to put together an outline of what you plan to share in your video. It will go a long way in making you feel comfortable about moving from point to point.
- Educate your audience
- Boost engagement
- Generate more leads
- Promote a call to action.
3. Tell a story
Always begin your video planning with an outline. It should read like a story with a beginning, middle and end. Doing this will help you organize your thoughts and put together something engaging.
- Focus On One Message – Focus on one core message and build you story around it.
- Keep To The Structure – Have a beginning, a middle and an end.
- Bring Out Emotions – Like we discussed above, happiness, excitement etc.
- Add captions – As we know about videos, people are watching them silently many times.
4. Go live with a friend
Doing a live video alone can be a lot of pressure, so if you can do one with a friend or colleague, go for it. You can also try doing some live interviews to get your feet wet.
5. Work with a coach or take a class
If you’re really not comfortable going live, consider taking a class or working with a public speaking coach.
6. Broadcast from live events
One of the key benefits of live video is that people get the opportunity to feel as if they are there experiencing something first hand along with your brand.
7. Hold a Q&A session
Your customers always have questions, so allowing for a live Q&A is a great way for them to have a chance to be heard.
8. Make it fun
As much as you want to put serious effort into your live videos, it’s important to still enjoy the process. When you’re having fun, it will come across on camera as being genuine and likeable.
Live video options are offered on all the major social media platforms. Try them out and see which platform resonates best with your brand. As you are creating your videos, remember to align your business goals with what your audience wants and live video will add great value to your brand.