Increasing website traffic is on every business owner’s to do list and SEO is usually the focus. Search engine optimization is important to boosting traffic, but it is not the only way to generate quality leads.
Below are tips for generating non SEO leads.
1. Host a webinar
Webinars are a great way to generate leads because they help foster a connection with your audience while also offering educational and informative content. Many businesses are already aware of the value of hosting webinars and they are including them as an integral part of their overall content marketing strategy.
One of the key advantages of webinars is that they are interactive in nature. People can get involved as opposed to just watching a video. They are also good for promoting credibility and trust in your brand which of course is helpful for generating leads.
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a webinar:
- You want to plan your webinar going for about 30 minutes or so and no more than an hour.
- Set up cIear objectives for what you are looking to achieve with the webinar. Also make sure to have an outline of what will be discussed and where you will hold the webinar.
- Make sure to pick the right host for the webinar.
- Have a great landing page.
- Promote promote promote. Send emails to your database, create a hashtag around your webinar, post on social media, do some paid advertising etc. You have to get the word out if you want to get those quality leads.
2. Try lead ads from Facebook
Businesses that are using Facebook ads are usually linking them to a landing page on their site where they then try to collect the leads contact info. The issue with this is that it’s only useful if customers are on their desktop. We all know by now, though, that most people are browsing Facebook from a mobile device. For this reason, you need to use Facebook Lead Ads so you can capture your Facebook fans on their mobile devices.
By using their lead ads, you are able to get the lead information directly from the ad itself by way of a pre-filled form that pops up with all the details of the user. You can then pick and choose which info you want (email address, name etc). From the user end, once they verify their information, you get the lead details sent to you for follow up. It is a really easy process.
If you have not been to Quora, over a 100 million visitors have last month. This basic question and answer network is a goldmine when it comes to high-quality lead generation, and it is very much underutilized. Which is great for your business. All you need is the right strategy and you could be getting tons of new leads each month. The key is to establish yourself as an expert in your niche and build up a following.
Here are some ways to do this:
- Create a good bio – Include a professional picture, highlight who your company is, include all your social accounts and have some type of offer (i.e. white paper, ebook etc).
- Decide what types of questions you want to answer – Also give thought to what type of content you will be posting and come up with a schedule for how often you will be doing this. Try out your strategy for a few months and see how it is working and adjust if necessary.
- Use images and provide links – By using things like links, infographics, images etc. you come across as more engaging and your expertise will shine through. Ideally, you want any links to lead back to your site, which will help with boosting lead numbers.
- Try to come across as genuine – Be helpful as often as possible, not just sharing your expertise. This will help increase leads.
4. Try incentive marketing
Lead magnets are great lead generators. With a lead magnet, you are offering the person something in return for their contact information. The offer is usually free and can be anything from an ebook to free training. You just want to make sure it is something of value, otherwise it will fall flat.
5. LinkedIn lead gen forms
LinkedIn can be a great lead generation tool with its 400+million users. They offer something similar to what Facebook does with their lead ads except it’s free. Their LinkedIn Lead Generation forms work with sponsored content campaigns to collect the lead info. The forms are easy to fill out and come pre-filled. So when someone clicks on the ad, the form pops up with their info and they just confirm. You get access to their name, occupation, job title, location etc. You can even have a thank you message pop up after they submit the form. All this is managed through your dashboard.
6. Post content on Medium
Medium is basically a website where people can share articles they have written. It is made up of mostly bloggers and is a great way to generate leads for your business. If you have a business blog, you can really get far by sharing your content as long as it is high quality. Medium does the rest for you by helping distribute it to their audience. Their ‘Editors pick collection’ has over 700k people following it alone..so the potential is big.
Here are some things to keep in mind when posting to medium:
- Rewrite your best blog content.
- Try to put together a collection of articles that are related to a specific theme that has to do with your business.
- Add some images, infographics etc. Make it look pretty.
- Be sure to add links that take the reader back to your site.
- Look at the analytics provided to see how your content is performing.
- Include links to other content on your site.
As you can see above, SEO is not the only way to generate high quality leads. Try out some of these different methods and you will definitely see an increase in targeted leads.